Friday, June 10, 2011

Tutorial: Anthro Knock-Off Turban Headband

My first day! I cannot believe it! To be fair I was............

Ahh, no excuses, so I prepared a tutorial for ya'll!

I was browsing Anthropologie a while ago and I found this adorable headband!


Sosostris Headband

Photobucket
My Headband


Pretty cool, right? Here is my turorial:

Supplies:

1/4 yd knit fabric (or an old piece of clothing)
Matching Thread
Ball point pins (optional but kinda necessary)


Photobucket

I used fabric, but You could easily use an old sweatshirt, pj pant, or a t-shirt.

Photobucket

I did all of the math for you, so you don’t have to measure your head. Cut a piece that is 9x30.

Note: Some knits like to roll up on the edges, like mine. Don’t let this scare you.

Photobucket

Fold your piece right sides together and pin with ball point pins along the long edge. Sew a ¼ inch seam across the cut edge.

Photobucket

Turn the tube inside out, and center the seam in the middle.

Note: Do not press.

Photobucket

Turn the tube outside (no seam) facing up. Tie a large knot, and twist the two “arms” until they both have the outside facing up. Don’t tie the knot too tight.

Photobucket

Wrap the thing around your head, making sure it isn’t too tight/loose. If it is too loose, determine the seam allowance by how loose it is. If it is too tight, pull the knot tighter and do a ¼ inch seam.

The seam you will be making is the two cut ends of the headband, right sides together. If you have a serger/overlock, finish the seam.

Photobucket

Tada! Your finished product!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. can you show pictures of the seam please? I'm new to sewing and do not understand how you are finishing the ends to give it a clean and store bought look

    ReplyDelete